2023 Early Hearing Detection & Intervention Conference
March 5-7, 2023 • Cincinnati, OH
DUKE ENERGY CONVENTION CENTER
State Stakeholders' Meetings
WHAT is a State Stakeholders’ meeting?
The Stakeholders’ meeting is a designated time (and location) at the annual EHDI Conference for all states/territories to meet to discuss topics important to their Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) programs and to plan how information from this conference can assist their programs when they return home. The goal of the EHDI Annual Meeting is to enhance the implementation of comprehensive state-based Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) programs.
WHY should I attend my state/territory Meeting?
Understanding the needs and priorities specific to your state/territory EHDI program will help you use information learned from the conference to more effectively to improve the EHDI system when you return home. The plenaries, presentations, poster sessions, exhibits, and other networking opportunities provide attendees with ideas about effective practices and information related to each component of EHDI.
WHO should attend the Stakeholders’ Meeting?
All attendees, regardless of their role, should join their state/territory meeting to learn more about current goals or initiatives to decrease children who are lost to follow-up/documentation and increase the number of infants screened no later than 1 month of age, diagnosed no later than 3 months of age and enrolled in early intervention no later than 6 months of age. This meeting is facilitated by the EHDI Coordinator (or a designee) for each state/territory; feel free to contact them for additional information if you have yet to receive any correspondence by February 27, 2023. Contact information for EHDI Coordinators can be found at this link: http://www.infanthearing.org/status/cnhs.php.
Attendees from a given state/territory will meet as a group to achieve one or more of the following:
- Understand the priorities for their state/territory EHDI system.
- Discuss and develop a plan for how attendees from the state/territory can maximize the amount of information gathered at the 2023 Annual EHDI Meeting.
- Discuss how information learned while attending the Annual Meeting can be used to improve the EHDI System of Care, EHDI program, EHDI direct services, and/or EHDI process once attendees return home.
- Learn how to provide ongoing input to your state/territory EHDI goals and priorities.
The following files will assist you in planning your time at the annual EHDI meeting:
- Description of State Stakeholders' Meeting
- Pre-Meeting Reflection-Planning-Action
- Sample Meeting Agenda
- Stakeholders' Session - Info for Students
Visit infanthearing.org/states to learn more about your state/territory EHDI program, including EHDI Coordinator contact information as well as a state/territory-specific agenda if provided. Please register for the EHDI Annual Meeting as soon as possible so you can be included in any correspondence from your EHDI Coordinator.